Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Magical Wedding in Spain

When my brother decided to marry his girlfriend from Spain, in Spain, I was so excited to get back to Europe.  It ended up being a time that Derek couldn't go.  So, I decided to go with my parents.  I wasn't sure how spending 7 days alone with my parents would go (I haven't done that since I was 18 months old, after all).  But it was really fun!  I'll do a separate post about our adventures outside of the wedding, but let me just say that the wedding itself was a dream wedding!  
I don't have the pictures I took on my parent's nice camera.  (I thought I created a google+ album and shared it with  myself, but I can't find it. I've waited to long to post this already, so I just need to get to it!)
I took this picture because the my girls were very excited to see a picture of Atza's dress.

This is where we ate dinner, down by the pool.  The ceremony was up above.
 The rest of the pictures were taken by the official photography crew.  
The ceremony was conducted by two of their friends.  One said everything in English, and the other in Catalan (the dialect they speak in Barcelona). 

My mom read a beautiful Maya Angelou poem during the ceremony.  

The ring bearer was Atza's favorite dog!  



They had these amazing giant rose petal & streamer poppers like from New Years but on steroids.  They were amazing!  

The happy couple.  They still looked pretty happy when we came back in the morning, too.  They partied all night while we went home to bed ;)

The tables were all named after songs.  I sat at the Norwegian Wood table with some of David's friends.  It was interesting to get to know his friends.  They are all headed to Burning Man sometime this month and are pretty excited about it.

The Randall Contingency
We haven't gotten to know Atza well yet, I am excited to change that!  Welcome to the family!

No comments: