Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 27, 2017

We CAN RIDE BIKES!

For the last 2 summers, it has been my goal to have all 3 kids riding bikes.
It didn't happen the year I had surgery.  And last year I was still struggling to run.
So this was the year.
All 3 kids needed new bikes.  And I needed to make time to get out and run behind Ben and Sarah to get them going.
Sarah was really stressed out by the whole thing.  She got really anxious about it.  But, with the right bike, she has literally taken off!
Ben still doesn't start on his own, and he uses the grass and his feet to stop.  But I'm confident that in this last full week of summer, he'll get it.
This is Sarah on her old bike.  When she pedaled, her knees barely missed the hand brakes.  I had her ride it one day, then we donated it.  

Last weekend I took Libby on my 5 mile bike ride. I had to go slower than usual, but she did a great job!  


It is hot and sweaty work to run with this guy.  But I have to keep up since he doesn't really yet know how to stop.  

I can check this off our summer goal list!  Gold STAR for these kiddos!
Sarah on her new bike with Ben near her side.  Super proud of them both!

No comments: