Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Eclipse 2017

I was not into the eclipse.  I was into painting the girls' bedroom.  But we took a 1/2 hour or so to go over to Cromwell to see what all the hype was about.
We didn't have glasses, but we did make a pinhole projector that worked pretty well.
There were lots of people at the park watching, and one group let us look through their glasses.  That was really cool!
We met up with Grammy and Grandpa and they had made a box projector.
I wasn't expecting the thrill and chill the whole experience gave me.  It was like I was feeling the hand of God.  Can't really explain why, but it was a spiritual experience for me!
Probably my favorite thing was seeing the shadows on the ground with the shape of the eclipse.
The kids got so cold that they came home and put on winter Pjs, hats and gloves!
Ben loved using the pinhole projector.

Shadows of the eclipse

Geneva with the shadows

 Next time, (when I'm 80) I'm going to buy some eclipse glasses!

No comments: