Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Libby's Birthday Parties

Never in the history of birthdays has anyone had more celebrations than this girl!  (Possibly a slight exaggeration, but only slight.)  She got to celebrate in St. George and in SLC.  Then she got to celebrate again in Seattle TWICE!  She also got a lot of expensive gifts because I might have felt guilty that I wasn't going to be with her on her birthday.  (And also because I had recently been to 2 karaoke parties where I didn't sing because I don't really feel like I have my karaoke jam...so I bought this a little bit for myself.)   I somehow didn't get any pictures of the celebration with Kaj and the Nortons in Seattle.  It was the day after we got back from Utah.  I was pretty tapped out.  But eventually we found 2 friends who could get together on the same night, so we had a little party with some school friends.  Our foreign exchange students were there as well.

She asked for a microphone "cake" (rice krispie treat) for her karaoke party.  This looks just like a microphone and nothing else.  (Thanks Anne Marie for ruining it for me.)

Libby had a vision of curtains for this spot so it was like a stage.  $2 at the Dollar store did the job nicely I think!  She sure has vision.  And, double bonus, I used washi tape and string to put them up.  So we took them down afterward and used them for the research symposium a couple of weeks later!

Not everyone has visitors from Japan at her birthday party!  The exchange students were so cute doing karaoke.  They sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" quite well!
 She loves her birthday, and I think this song says it all!

No comments: