Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bad Luck


We are just having a streak of bad luck. I have hit--not one but TWO parked cars in my van in the last 3 weeks. The first was a backing into scratch. The second one was pulling into a parking spot. (Notice I am using passive voice here to help me feel less responsible.) Anyway, check out the van's hot new look. Ouch! The hole in the bumper is where the warning sensor used to be--that was supposed to protect me. But I was going too fast. The sensor started beeping as I started hitting. Darn! At least the other cars in the incidents didn't need repair. I am now a proud Allstate Platnium member, meaning I pay a bit more so I can have accident forgiveness every time...since it seems there are going to be more times. Wow. This little repair is going to cost the around $1300. Thank goodness for insurance! (Derek's iPhone is also in for repairs. We just aren't having good tech luck.)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

thanks for making me feel better. it's nice to know that other people get in accidents too. :)