Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 3, 2016

APRIL FOOLS!

My mother-in-law is the April Fools Master!  I'm trying.  But I only like to do food stuff.  And, fun edible food stuff.  So this is what we did this year.  I made their orange juice into Jello.  That was a surprise when they went to drink it.  I let Ben choose the color for the wacky waffles and eggs.  (He choose black.  Ew gross!)
Then for lunch I put googly eyes on their sandwiches and containers of almonds.  
Dinner was the best! (See below)

Ben also wanted to dye the butter red.  Double gross.


For dinner we had CAKE with coconut and strawberry sauce that was actually a calzone with cheese on top and pizza sauce.  It was really yummy!   

We also had a boring salad and a barfing watermelon monster.  My MIL Geneva came over and helped decorate the monster.  (All day she wore her shirt inside out... April Fools!)

Kids "barfing" like the monster...Derek helped all the kids boil and shape our plastic utensils and we ate out of wacky containers.  It was a fun night!  (I totally stole all these ideas from the internet.  Isn't it great!)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Such a fun mom. Very lucky kids. Kudos to Geneva for the inspiration.