Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 13, 2019

My 19 for 2019

Last year I didn't set any specific goals.  Just wanted to "Enjoy the Journey."  And I had a rough time with that.  It was hard.  By the end of the year I think I had some revelation on that...and I hope to continue to enjoy the journey with all it's ups and downs.

This year, I have chosen the 1 word theme: Emerge.  I want to come out from under the pain and headaches I have been experiencing.  I want to be the person and wife and mother that isn't weighed down.  I'm working on this.  I'm excited.

I wrote a 19 for 2019 list to help me move forward toward my goal and created an accountability group with some friends that I love to help me do it.

1.  Call my mom daily/weekly (daily right now--I just love hearing her voice)
2.  Read The Case Against Sugar
3.  Read a finance book (haven't decided which one yet).
4.  Do physical therapy to help my neck, shoulder, and hip
5. Get a mammogram (which I have already checked off!)
6. Underreact to problems (less swearing, staying more calm)
7. Weekly budget for expenditures (monitor every Sunday)
8.  Hand off Rhinos
9.  Renew Teaching Cert (need all Clock Hours by June)
10.  Get ACE CECs (for fitness cert--need 20 hours by Feb. 2020)
11.  Improve family nutrition
12.  Monthly time with each kid
13. Go to the temple monthly (January--check!)
14.  Drink more water (1 bottle before lunch, 1 before after school snack.)
15. Monthly Budget Review
16. Finish Adult Piano Book
17.  Write in gratitude journal most days
18. Say morning family prayers (alert in calendar to help)
19. Create an accountability group of friends to encourage progress :)

So, let's do this 2019.
Did a biking adventure yesterday with Ben while the girls were at dance.  Fun mommy will come out at least one time per month!




No comments: