Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Fort Warden Choir Festival

The girls got to go with Seattle Children's Chorus Intermezzo Choir to Fort Warden this weekend for a quick 24 hour choir Festival.  They really enjoyed it!
I bought tickets for Derek, Ben and I to go to the Saturday concert.  Then Derek ended up working Folklife and Ben had a birthday party.  So I invited Brion and Geneva.  We had a really fun day together.  We made sat in a ferry line from 11:30-1:30.  We ended up missing the first 10 minutes of the concert, and of course SCC went first so we missed their first number.  But the other numbers were really awesome.  4 different children's choirs performed, and then they all performed together in a few numbers.  It was so good that even though it was like 50 degrees in the Balloon hanger where the concert was held, I was still enthralled! (And that is really saying something, because I really hate being cold.)
I had some fun inspiration for what to do with the kids this summer since I am not doing the research symposium.  (Details to be revealed later.) 
We ate dinner and had a quick (no line) ferry ride home.
I feel so strongly that SCC is a great place for my kids!
I wish I had stopped to take pictures with Grammy and Grandpa and the venue, etc.  But it was SO COLD.  And the girls had showered and "done their own hair" the night before the show.  So it was no bueno.  Decided these pictures would do. 
Henry Leck was the guest conductor.  He's super famous in the choir world I guess.  He stood right next to Libby (front row) for the group photo! 

The whole group.  So fun! 
   Apparently some of the performance will be on Youtube.  I'll share when it is!

No comments: