Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, July 29, 2019

Summer Fun Part 3: Salmon Reunion

I crashed my Harris cousin family reunion again this year.  I just love being there in Salmon.  It is so peaceful.  My cousins are so loving and accepting and full of kindness.  And, it is a country kid paradise.  So good for my city kids to get their hands (and everything else) dirty.  They swam in muddy water, climbed on hay bales (hay rash for days!), did some rope swinging, and played with cousins.  It was an amazing weekend. 
Playing in the river.  This was the first carload.  I didn't get a pic with everyone that day. 

Enjoying the cold water & warm sunshine

Ben has always loved throwing huge rocks into the water. 


Sarah and Ava, such a cutie

Sarah went all the way in!  BRRR! 

We played lots of games.  I liked this game called The Mind.  I even bought it, but I haven't been able to get anyone to play with me yet. 

The slide was really fun in the afternoons & evening when the sun moved to the other side of the house. 

There are 3 girl cousins right around their age for the girls to play with.  Sarah spent more time playing board games with the boys.  

Nancy and Jeralynn are the two cousins that I lived with when I was at USU living with my grandparents.  They are awesome women. 

Our home for the weekend.  I was so glad that the wind wasn't bad this year.  Our tent didn't blow down once! 

They have done a lot of work on the Salmon house since I saw it last. I am so excited to see the finished product.  

This is a part of the group.  It looks like it isn't real when you look behind us, right? But it is!  Cougar Point Campground.

Then they set up the rope swing.  Erin climbed way up to set up the swing.  I didn't do it this time around.  Sarah had a rough time and there was a big line.  But Libby and Ben each did it twice.  They loved it! 



Below the house is a gravel pit.  Ben scaled this mountain with cousin Joseph. 

I boosted him up on this hay bale.  He walked across the bales (including a big jump) to get home from the river after our walk. 

Jerry, getting some welding done.  He keeps the gas canister on a baby stroller so he can move it wherever he needs it. 

The Salmon River! 

The girls got into catching, cooking & eating grasshoppers.  Yuck! 
It was such a lovely trip.  See you next time Harris family!

No comments: