Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Veteran's Day in Orlando

 I got to go to Florida for a quick trip to help out Rachel & her family.  She is about 5 weeks out of her surgery, and did her first infusion while I was there.  It wiped her out more than she was hoping it would...so I was glad to be there.  I cooked and cleaned and helped her finish getting Devin registered for kindergarten.  The best part was teaching Devin to play Go Bling, a Randall family classic.  I also loved reading with him.  He is doing so well!  But school will be good for him. 

It was so good to hug my sister.  So hard to see the challenges she is facing.  But I got to go to church with her and see her ward just envelope her a a huge embrace.  Her boys sang in the primary program.  It was ADORABLE.  And hilarious.  I love her so much.  I couldn't do much, but I cleaned out the fridge (my specialty), did some laundry, and made some meals.  Oh how I wish we lived closer!

I love the FL warmth!  


I got to watch Devin play some t-ball!  He's a headstrong boy--wouldn't play anywhere but pitcher or first base, haha.  Even when the coaches asked him to move.  



Rachel has cut my hair so many times, so it was an honor to give her a little trim. 


No comments: