Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Spring Break 2022

 I was feeling well enough by our actual Spring Break to plan one fun day for the kids...(I had an ulterior motive--get them out of the house for our housecleaner--but still!) 

Day of Fun Agenda:

Breakfast at Family Pancake house

Bouncing at a Trampoline Park in Marysville (the only one open during the housecleaning time)

Lunch at Chick-Fil-A (gotta have the lemonade and waffle fries)

Then they came home and played until I took Libby for a facial at 5.

Then I could run off and leave them for the rest of the break, right? 

Ben brought a buddy to jump.  Libby and Sarah didn't have anyone who could go, but the 4 of them had a great time together. 


Then I did actually ditch them for a big birthday trip for Geneva.  Happy 75! 

When Keri proposed the location, I thought it was honestly super bizarre.  But it ended up awesome!

We flew into Pittsburgh, stayed in Ohio, but spent lots of time in West Virginia.  I changed states so many times it was kind of crazy.  It was up in the air whether or not I was going to be able to go (my airfare was booked as a companion with Maren--and she could no longer go.) But Maren and Geneva pooled their miles and got me on the flight!

I got to experience the wheelchair service in the airport :). (I also got to drive one of the scooters in the grocery store in Ohio!). 

But the best part of the trip was getting to hang out with these awesome women.  I am so lucky to be a Norton!

Our AirBnB--it's on a working farm.  We had farm fresh raw milk, cream, butter & eggs in the fridge.  Yum.  

Toronto Brick.  Guess who was wearing the crocs? Guess who took only crocs on the trip--when you're on crutches--you only need one pair of shoes! 

World's biggest TEAPOT! 



Dinner at Later Alligator (Delicious--we ate so much good food--I think I gained about 15 pounds)

The Fiesta Factory! (This was the main destination...I couldn't do the tour, so I sat and read--what I did the most during the trip, and I LOVED that too!)

Other awesome restaurants--Renovatios (in an old bank--lovely), Bricker's cafeteria--some down home cooking, and the Tudor Biscuit House.  SO GOOD.  Really--it was all so lovely and went so smoothly.  I needed the rest and relaxation.  
Am I ready to go back to school?  I'm not sure.  My feet are SO swollen right now.  I'm kicking back in the recliner.  I'm off crutches as of this afternoon. So we will see!!



No comments: