Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Lake Easton Camping Trip 2026

 I was heartbroken when I realized that the Lake Easton camping trip overlapped with the drive to drop off Libby.  But we headed up early on Thursday so I some lake time on Thursday and a bit on Friday before I had to come home and finish packing Libby up (hard to pack in a sling.) 

The weather was just about perfect.  I see from the photos that everyone continued to have a great time after I left.




Ben got his permit while we were there.  Sadly I didn't download it and now we need to go in and get a printout (or we'll get a photo version.) 




Had a great time chatting with Harlow.  Harlow and I became the giardia twins after both engaging in high risk behavior.  They ate a chip that fell in the water.  My cup tipped over and my straw got in the water.  Oops.  (Luckily we both came out okay--at least I did.) 

These boys are all so old! I just saw in my FB from when we first did this campout 6 years ago.  They are so big now. 

My meals worked out great.  Hot dogs, beans, veggies, and chips the first night with elephant ears for dessert.  Boiled omelets & hash browns for breakfast.  The nice thing was super easy cleanup.  Which was important so I could make my exit to drive Libby.  

It is for sure the weekend of summer I usually relax.  Will I be okay without it?  I hope so...


No comments: