Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Project CIty!




I haven't been able to take time to write for too long...but I have legitimate reasons. We have been in project mode. The first major project was that we got a new computer. It was all part of an iPod switcho with Dave. I didn't really remember all of the work and downloading that goes into getting a new computer, but boy, it is work. I finally think I might have enough stuff up and running to be functional. I still am running my iTunes through the old computer where I have all my playlists, but for the most part we are switched. We are now using the old computer with the TV as our monitor. It serves as our DVD player and our hulu access so we can watch our favorite shows whenever we want to, Burn Notice and Royal Pains :)

Derek built the gate for the side of the house that I have been really wanting! (He did it with only one trip to Home Depot!)

We have also been yanking the hot tub out of the deck and rebuilding. What a project. Here are a couple of pics of the deck stripped down to the joists. We have about 1/2 of the new wood in place and all of it is cut. It has been a project of about a million trips to Home Depot. So far no one has bought our hot tub. Oh how I would like to at least make a little money to offset the cost of redoing the deck! Any takers?


1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

With the HOT weather you have had no one is thinking of hot tubs....wait until it cools off and I am sure it will sell! Good luck!