Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Books we love...

I have absolutely fallen in love with Amy Krouse Rosenthal's books. My favorites are theOKbook, It's Not Fair, Cookies: Bite Sized, Life Lessons, and Little Hoot. Her books are so much fun to read to your kids. Check them out.

Also, we are into Fancy Nancy. Here, we are having our own spa day, based on the one Fancy Nancy has in Bonjour Butterfly. Libby wanted a mask like Fancy Nancy, but when I put it on first she got kind of scared and didn't want it after all. Then after I left the room she grabbed the mask and put a dot on her nose. Sarah had her toenails painted for the first time. She held up each foot for me to paint. Hilarious!

1 comment:

the VA Hills said...

We love those books, too! I've renewed the OK book lots of times, because it always goes onto the "keep" pile on library day.

Have you read _Pinkalicious_? Mariah loves "Pinklishus" and it's a pretty good day when I only get three requests to read it. She also loves the Pigeon books and the Elephant and Piggie books (all by Mo Willems). Right now, the favorite is _Elephants_Cannot_Dance_. There's also _Not_A_Box_ by Antoinette Portis and _Secret_Seahorse_ by Stella Blackstone. I'm so glad we have a library and don't have to buy all of these books to see what they're like! We do end up buying some of them. Once we've had them checked out for a few months, they go on the "To Buy" list.