Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Libbyisms in Utah

We are loving our time in Utah. The girls were absolute angels for the long drive. We only had to stop for gas twice and to eat once. Amazing. Here are some of my favorite Libbyisms so far on the trip.

The first morning here it snowed. Libby loved it, especially eating the snow. It has since warmed up and melted.
Yesterday we had this exchange.
Libby: "Mommy, where is the snow?"
Me: "It's all gone."
Libby: "Did I eat it all?"

The other night we were driving home from Provo after a delicious Chuck-a-Rama dinner (a family favorite, I am in it for the scones). Rachel was putting in a DVD for the girls, but the DVD player was having a bit of trouble.
Libby: "I want the Little Mermaid!"
RAchel: "It isn't working."
Libby: "I want the BIG Mermaid then."

When we arrived at my parents after the Chuck-a-Rama extravaganza we beat my parents by about an hour because they had to drop off a few things for the reception, move a couch, and some other stuff. I will give you a little more dialoge to lead into the Libbyism.
Trish to Rachel as we pull into my parents driveway: "Do you have a key to the house?"
Rachel: "No, I left my keys in the house. Do you?"
Trish: "No. Crap."
Rachel (after checking all doors and discovering they were all locked.) "Well, at least we have the DVD player so Libby can watch Hercules."
Libby: "I want to watch Hercules IN THE HOUSE!"
Trish: "Oh well :)"
Luckily my dad made a spare key the next day to avoid future incidents.

3 comments:

Laney said...

Those are hilarious. I love Libby.

Packer Family said...

Too Funny! Love it:)

Lisa Merkley said...

:) I must have missed you by mere hours in UT. I left right before the snow hit!