Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Gratitude

Since Thanksgiving is this week, I have been thinking a lot about how thankful I am for the gifts in my life. Derek and I spent some time reflecting on this last night. We never could have imagined on June 21, 2003 just how blessed we would be over the next 7 1/2 years.

We are thankful for our degrees
Our jobs (past and present!)
Amazing contracts
The great places we have lived and for our house
Our vehicles (bless Derek's truck's heart!)
Our daughters that make our lives so rich
Our families that have given and continue to give us so much
Friends that love and help and listen to us
Wrestling (yes I am writing this!)
Technology that keeps us close to our loved ones
Our new baby on the way
The relative prosperity we have enjoyed

In the last conference President Monson quoted the Greek philosopher Epictetus, "He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has." I may not be wise all the time, but I am working on it and today I do feel my heart rejoicing for all that I have!

No comments: