Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Libbyisms

Libby had a rough week this week. Being 3 is really tough I guess. All of a sudden she has gotten clingy and cries when I leave her. This happens randomly with almost no warning. I am so not used to it. She even cried at dance class this week. Hormones already?
Finally on Friday afternoon I basically held her down in her bed until she fell asleep. She woke up a bit grumpy, but then ate 3 bowls of popcorn while watching Fievel Goes West and became the cheerful Libby that I remember. She really just needs occasional naps to help her control her emotions. She (just like someone else I know very well, me) has a harder time being rational and calm when tired.
In fact, on Saturday, Sarah was napping and Derek and I both fell asleep watching football (this is a new ritual that I am enjoying very much). Libby just played on her own and let us sleep for over an hour. Amazing!
I had one of my favorite mommy moments with Libby this week though. She created a "car" in the corner of the family room. She said to Sarah, "Hey sweetie, come get in your seat and let's go!" They traded between being the mommy and the child in the seat for like 1/2 hour. Libby would say, "Mommy, can we go to the lollipop store?" Sarah would say, "No, not the lollipop store, how about the park?" Libby would rejoice and Sarah would make car sounds and pretend to drive. It was so pleasant to see them interacting as they pretended to be me. I guess sometimes I say things besides, "Get in your seat, NOW!" Whew.
Libby just told me I could be the littlest and she would be the "biggidest."
This week Libby also told me she was going to marry Dimitri (our garbage can) and then the next day she would have a baby in her belly too. Oh my!
She also picked a name for our baby if it is a girl. She suggested Anna, and I really like it. We won't worry about a middle name until the ultra sound. About 10 weeks before that. I think it will be around my birthday.

No comments: