Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Incomplete weekend and -isms

A weekend just isn't a weekend with a blog post.  So, it is Thursday but I still feel like it must be last Sunday since I never posted.  It looks like life as a YW president might be a bit more complicated than I originally thought.  But maybe it just seems super intense right now because I have Christmas shopping, wrapping, baking, etc. on my plate.  Oh yeah, and sick kids.  Actually we have had a few barf-free days.  Amazing.  But Sarah was up early this morning saying her tummy hurt, so who knows what we are going to go through today.

Anyway, we have had a fun week.  Lots of parties and events.
Sarah told me the other day, "I am not a child anymore!"  I said, "Then what are you?"
"A silly adult."  Clearly.

Libby told me last night that when she grows up and has children, she is going to let them say "shut up."  I think I might have said the same thing when I was a kid.  But it sounds so yucky coming out of the mouth of a child.  I told her she will probably change her mind.

Rachel and Brad sent the girls videos from Santa.  They were so enthralled.  Santa speaks to them and they started talking back to him.  I had to leave the room to change Ben's diaper during Libby's video.  She started hollering to me--"Mommy, I AM ON THE NICE LIST!!  HOORAY!"

Libby also showed me yesterday how she can help Ben sit up (by grabbing his hands and pulling him up) and help him move by grabbing his hands or feet and dragging him around.

I have also been unhappy with another of Libby's new tactics to clean.  Shove everything under the living room couch.  I clean out from under the couch at least once a day now.  So irritating.  Almost as irritating as the way she is ignoring my potty etiquette sign in the bathroom.  Instead of wiping, flushing, shutting, and hand sanitizing, she simply leaves the bathroom, shutting the door (light still on).  So, every time I walk by the bathroom and the door is closed and the light on, I have to haul her in, have her go through the flush, shut, wipe ritual.  Sometimes it seems like diapers were easier.

No comments: