Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ben's Skills

Can I just say that I love Ben?  He is constantly amazing me with what he picks up on.  If he sees me working in the dishwasher now, he opens the cupboard and gets out the dishwasher soap and wants to fill the spot where the soap goes.
He figured out how to open the front door (and would be able to open other doors in the house if we didn't have such sticky door knobs.)
Today in church the opening hymn started and he started shouting "BOOK, BOOK!" and wanted to grab me a hymn book since I hadn't grabbed one yet.
He knows where the binkies are stored (the top dresser drawer) and he is constantly scheming ways to try and get them.  Everytime I need the bathroom step stool, it is in his room.  He keeps trying it different directions, but he needs a few more inches.
I also love that he tells me when he is ready to sleep--he says "NAP, NAP" (even if it is bed time).
He can say Blankie and Binkie now.  
He also says Sarah.  He says all the rest of our names (He calls me Trish sometimes) but I didn't realize he was saying Sarah at first because it sounds like "HA!"
Now he wants me to take care of him, so I have to stop gushing about how great he is...but I'll finish with this.  When he eats something in the car that has a wrapper, he hands me the garbage.



No comments: