Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Life in the Interim

Well, we are waiting.  Waiting for our house to close, waiting for Disneyland, waiting for life to start for real again.  But, life doesn't ever really stop.  So between driving Libby to and from school (a 20 minute drive in good traffic--which luckily it usually is good traffic), driving 25-30 minutes each way to the gym to teach classes, driving to pick Sarah up from preschool, and trying to make sure Ben gets home to get naps, here is what I have accomplished so far toward our house:
-Found a dining table for the dining nook at DI for $10
-Found the Ikea Jr. ingolf dining chairs on Craig's list
-Found the Ikea adult size dining chairs on Craig's list
-FINALLY ordered the carpet and tile for the house.  We loved the carpet in our old house, so I ordered basically the same thing (but a darker brown for the master).  I also got an AWESOME tile for the master dressing room and bath.  It is tile, but it is called "Brown Fabric" because it looks like linen.  They are 12" x 24" so they will be so awesome.  I get chills.  Anyway, I comparison shopped until I was sure I was getting a good deal on install and the goods.  I am SO excited.

Oh yeah, and this week I had the stomach flu that floored me for a day and a half. (Libby and Sarah had it last week).
And I had to wipe my iPhone and set it up as a new phone to handle the new iOS.  (It is a serious time commitment to get all your apps back, ringtones restored, calendars and emails added, favorites added, etc.!)
Finally I cleaned out and reorganized Mike's kitchen.  He may be cursing me for months to come as he is looking for things, but it was a great job for listening to conference yesterday.
Whew.  A whirlwind week.



No comments: