Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 27, 2013

So it has been awhile...

Do you want my excuses?  They are legitimate.  Sort of.  Really we were in California with my family for a week.  It was epic.  Then we came home and moved in.  If you can call it moving in.  Really we just moved stuff around in the new house as the flooring and electrical guys finished.  And the most important excuse is that every time I thought about blogging, the pictures I wanted to post were on the laptop....and the kids were watching a movie on said laptop.  Oh yes, it has been a good mommy week...month...(s).  I have promised myself that once this move is complete (which I define as stuff out of boxes), I will give more quality attention to my kids.  PROMISE!
Anyway, This post is going to be a shout out to my husband and Mike (our roommate for the past few months).  While we were in Disneyland, Mike suggested to Derek that Mike organize a group of guys and move our stuff out of our storage unit and into our new garage as a surprise for me.  So, they did.  Derek brought me over after church last Sunday so we could see the progress of the flooring guys.  He opened the garage, and my tears just started flowing.  I had been so worried about getting people together on a Monday to help us--and now, it was already at the house!  Hooray!  Our realtor had also let in the delivery guys so our washer and dryer were in the garage.  She also had the house re-keyed with new doorknobs on some of the doors.  Her welcome home gift was an awesome coat rack for my giant entryway.  She is the best!
What an amazing surprise!  I love happy surprises.  Mike is offically invited to dinner anytime!  (And also to advise Derek on any and all gift surprises!

No comments: