Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Recent Quotes...

I was so busy whining last Sunday in my post that I didn't share some fun quotes from last week, and there are some from this week too.

Here is my favorite.  Totally shocking.  It is from Derek.  To preface this, we are doing "eat at home" months every other month to keep our expenses down.  March seemed really long.  Even the kids were counting down.  Derek got a gift card from one of his wrestlers to Red Robin that was enough to cover our whole dinner.  So when Libby brought home a much improved report card for the 2nd semester, we decided to use the gift card on March 31.  I seriously thought the food was the best food I have ever tasted.  But anyway, I digress.  The quote came as we were finishing dinner.  Derek said, "Let's go to Nordstrom Rack."  Yes, Derek.  He suggested that we shop.  Who is this man and where is my husband?  I took him up on it.  He actually needed new jeans because he left his in the hotel in CA in Feb.  So he got jeans and new flip flops (wouldn't let me get rid of his old flip flops though).  Ben got 2 pair of shoes.  Libby got an Easter dress and I got nothing.  Such self control, don't you think?  Ben learned that he could hide in clothing racks.  Ugh.

Another favorite quote which I posted on facebook but don't want to fail to mention here...Ben:  "Dad, let's go in my bedroom and wrestle!"

As I type I can hear Ben saying "I'm going to go tell mom I'm poopy."  And here he is now saying, "See, I am poopy.  I checked." (I don't want to know how he checked.)

I made banana bread last Sunday and on Thursday I had one little loaf left over that I wasn't sure was good any more.  Libby decided she wanted to take it to her math teacher.  I told her no, I didn't think it was fresh enough.  The next morning when I went to pack her lunch into her backpack, I saw that she had stuck it into her backpack anyway.  I guess I shouldn't dampen her giving spirit.  I left it.  (Luckily I was in the classroom on Friday and got to give a disclaimer before she tried it.)

It was a much better week than last.  I am getting into my studying for the Personal Training exam.  I am realizing there are only about 10 weeks of school left.  I had Derek around all week.

Next week the home Mariners games start.  Derek will be working most of the home games this year to build our savings.  So, I had to savor this week with him.  And it was awesome.  Garage clean out...check.  New mailbox up...check.  Nasty carpet out of greenhouse...check.  Downspouts directed away from the house...check.  Dump run...check.  What a great guy!

I changed Ben and now he is standing at the bottom of the stairs counting for me to come downstairs.  It is hilarious because he skips numbers now and then.  He just said, "Okay!  I am going to start counting again, YOU NEED TO COME DOWN HERE!"   End of post I guess.

No comments: