Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Dancers...

I LOVE to dance.  Love it.  Love it.  I want my girls to be dancers.  Not enough to become a crazy dance mom, but enough to force them to take dance all the way through Dance Arts II (which is what Libby is in this year) so they can get all the basics.  Next year Libby could choose what to take at the studio--Jazz, Ballet, Hip Hop, etc.  Sarah still has one more year of the basics.  Libby thinks she wants to switch to gymnastics.  So, I am doing my best to help them see how AWESOME dance is.  This year they are both Bon Bons in our studios production of the Nutcracker.  So I wanted them to see another version by a professional studio.  For Sarah's birthday I gave them tickets.  Friday night was our date.
We started off with dinner at their fav restaurant, Olive Garden.  Then we went to the show.  Since I bought the tickets in Oct., I was basically the first one to buy for such an early weekend in Dec.  Our seats were PERFECT.  And the show was amazing!  It was fun and interesting.  They had lots of little kids and some beautiful costumes and props.  Libby was totally absorbed.  And horrified when the Nutcracker came out in just tights.  "He isn't wearing PANTS!" She exclaimed!  It was pretty funny.
Sarah got super tired by the end, but they both watched the whole thing with wrapped attention.  So maybe Libby will keep on dancing?
At the Theater in Kirkland

Libby's class practicing their dance.  Parents get to watch class one week every other month.  She has her dance for the recital down!

At the Olive Garden.  It was so fun taking them out to a restaurant now that they are older.  I remember taking them when I was pregnant with Ben and wanting to drink Alfredo sauce.  That was a zoo!

I got them each a ballet dancer necklace at the theater shop.  See, doing my best to help them want to dance!

Sarah's class on visiting week.  This is just before she fell down (which she always does when trying to balance.  She totally falls on purpose.)

No comments: