Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, December 7, 2015

Twas the Week after Thanksgiving...

And where did it go?  Lost in decorating, teaching yoga to wrestlers, training clients, watching Libby's drama performance, Nutcracker rehearsals, nasty weather, and the first wrestling match!  It was fast and furious.  
Sarah pulled out all the fashion stops this week.  Other outfits included an "all black day" and a sporty red hoodie over her red dress at church this week.  She gets very unhappy with me if I don't like her clothing choices.  Most of the time I just let it ride.  

I found this origami wreath pattern while searching for wreath ideas for Leanne's wedding.  It took me a few tries to figure it out.  Then, I fell in love.  And I made a whole bunch (many with Sarah's help) and hung them as streamers in the dining room.  I'm pleased with the end result.  And they were basically free!  Wrapping paper scraps were perfect!

Libby took a little drama class after school this fall.  The concluding skits were probably all very funny.  But apparently projection (or microphones) were not in the curriculum.  So mostly we didn't hear much.  But--we could hear Libby!  Her skit had something to do with pink fluffy unicorns and was called "Epic Failure."  

I made Christmas cookies that were both beautiful and tasty.  Kind of a problem if you want to avoid eating 50+ of them.  

Walking home from school on one of the non-rainy days.  Thankful we have a few of those sprinkled in.  
I am feeling relatively calm going into this week considering we have 6 Nutcracker Performances and Christmas party #3 at our house on Sunday.  It will all work out.  Or it won't I guess.

No comments: