Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Piano Recital 2016

Taking piano lessons has been an amazing opportunity for growth for all of the girls in our family, including me!  I have loved sitting down with the girls and plunking out songs again.  I left piano lessons early, and never looked back.  But now, I am really enjoying playing.  I have been practicing easy hymns and playing them for family home evening (I still remembered much more than I thought!).  The girls have also enjoyed playing.  Some days.  And some songs.  But overall, they have done really well.  They have different strengths (Libby is better at picking things out by ear, and Sarah at looking at the music).  They both hate counting (ME TOO!).  For the recital they each played one song that really challenged them and one that was easy.  Sarah worked on the "Muppet Show Theme" for months.  She really had it down by the end.  "It's a Small World" was right on her level and she picked it up quickly.  Libby really wanted to play something from Harry Potter.  "Hedwig's Theme" was the one she had to really work at.  The end result was great!  "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" was a quick learn, and a relief after the struggle to learn Hedwig.
I'm really proud of all they accomplished this year!


2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Way to go Norton girls!!! So proud!

Debbi said...

Mimi is super-impressed. Hard work has paid off. Love your songs. Love you.