Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, June 24, 2016

School's OUT!


Dad and Ben celebrating the end of preschool!  

First and Last Day of Preschool.  He has grown so much this year!


First and Last Day of 1st Grade.

1st and Last day of 3rd Grade!
Are we excited or what!!!

I'm am really happy school is over.  And not for the reasons I expected.  I'm happy because now I get to design my kids' curriculum.  And spend more time with them.  We will see how I feel about that in a few weeks.  But right now I'm actually excited.
If all goes according to plan, our weeks include:
Piano lessons
Cooking club
Gymnastics
Research time
Art time
CHORE time! (Yes, I'm so excited for this!)
Park playing
Softball learning
Swimming lessons (with a real pro!)
Mile walking/running
And some time for creative "free" play.

I decided I can't try to get anything done (like painting the garage--and besides I'm not supposed to be doing any projects anyway).  So, I'll take this time to train a few clients and train my kiddos.

We will have 2 culminating events.  A Research Symposium and an Art Gallery (with pieces of art for sale!)
We will serve appetizers that the girls have learned to make.
It's going to be fun.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

You're my kind of mom, and I love it.