Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Kid Quotes & Conference Crafts

Ben has been full of great quotes lately.  I wish I wrote them all down instantly.  But here are some highlights.
This quote is from his time with Grammy yesterday:
Ben, whines about wanting to go first in a game.
Grammy:  "Ben, why are you whining, do you always get to go first at home?"
Ben: "Well Grammy, you know how 2 year olds whine so they can get their way?  That's what I do when I want to go first and usually it works and they let me go first."
(He tipped his hand here!  Now I know not to let that whining thing work!)

Walking home from school the other day.
Ben: "Mom, I get a warm feeling inside when I think about preschool.  I remember all the fun we had, and the playtime, and I feel all warm."
Me:  "That's called nostalgia.  When we look back on something or some time in our life that we loved."
Ben: "No Mom.  It's called the Holy Ghost.  And I also feel it when I think about my friend Noah."

Ben: "Mom, Aunt Maren rode her bike to Europe.  Can we do that too?  To see Noah?"

My favorite Libby moment from the last couple of weeks was the "forchine" or fortune napkins she made for dinner one night.  (And she reused them a 2nd night).
She was super delighted with herself.  And her spelling is so fun.  
We also had a really good time watching conference.  I got them "conference crafts" this time around.  They sat there and crafted and listened.  It worked out better than I could have expected.  Libby kept saying, "Wow, that was a good talk!" or "I really liked that one!"  It felt so good to have Libby explaining what she liked about the talks.  She really felt the Spirit during conference.

Sarah and Ben picked playdough kits that were an ice cream shop.  So, I "ate" loads of ice cream during conference.  All of Ben's had cherries on tap that I had to "spit" out the "pits."  

Libby  made jewelry.  She got out my random left over beads and necklace stuff from a few years back.  She had a blast.  

Ben also made me a Sundae in this toy chair that reminds me of a toilet.  Delicious.
 




No comments: