Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas Traditions: Santa Cookies

This was a banner year for Santa Cookies because the kids helped make, cut out, and decorate the cookies.  I think they even helped clean up a little.  Wow!
Surprisingly this was not even tempting for me.  I did eat one on Christmas Eve, but I could have taken it or left it.  Funny because I would have expected my cookies to be harder to resist than candy.  Anyway, glace icing isn't the easiest to work with, but the kids did a pretty good job decorating!
Libby did this tree.  Pretty pro!

Ben realized he could dip a toothpick in the frosting and decorate.  Not bad!

Okay, so maybe we still need a little practice?

I love the self portrait cookie.  Can't remember who did that one.  

Libby decided to snap some pics.


Then she went into Selfie mode.  I had to wrest the phone away after about 10 of these lovely pics.  Oh my.  


No comments: