Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Let's Go Fly a Kite

I don't remember the last time I flew a kite.  The cheap kites when I was young were terrible.  But yesterday it seemed like the perfect idea.  I saw the kites while Easter shopping.  It was sunny and windy and we were all at home with plans to do something as a family that night.
It turned out to be really fun!  Next time I want to go somewhere with more consistent wind and get better kites, but I actually had a fun family idea.  Wow!
Let's do this!

Oops.  Tree snag.  We managed to get it down.  

At first they thought they needed to run to keep the kites up.  They got tired after a lap or two and we taught them how to catch the wind while standing still.  

I just loved the color and light in the this picture.  

Sarah getting "Barbie" kite up there.

Ben's intense concentration when his kite was up there was adorable!

He's doing it!  


Dad working with Libby on her flying skills.  
It was a beautiful night!

No comments: