Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 8, 2019

First Day of 2019-2020 School Year

Ready or not, here we go!  Here is my door for the year.  Let's take some risks!  Get out there!  Go out on a limb.  Play!  I am going to have to keep reminding myself of this throughout the year.  


So crazy that Libby is in Middle School.  I am struggling a bit with letting go...But I have to trust that she will manage her academic life without  me right there.  And that she will make the bus every day.  Yikes.  Busses stress me out.  There is no wiggle room.  Gotta be on time!  She only has to leave a few minutes earlier than we left last year.  But still.  She had to run on Friday.  

Kind of fun that this was exactly 7 years after her first day of school.  Love that girl of mine!  Her biggest woes during the first week were that she got denied contacts at the eye doctor (who asked if she kept her room clean as a sign to see if she would care for her contacts...love that.  She couldn't say yes--so DENIED!) and that more of her friends got phones.  Now EVERYONE has a phone but her.  We are working on this.  She has written a contract that we are going to sit down with this week to negotiate the terms of her having a phone.  I don't really want this little girl to grow up! Cross Country starts this week!  

Sarah's first day of 5th grade.  She had a great day.  Loves her teacher.  She has made a new friend--a new move in to MP.  

Ben is excited about 3rd grade.  His teacher is "strict," he said.  That of course makes me happy!  I am a bit worried that they don't have snack.  He had a total meltdown on Thursday when his lunch box went missing (still hasn't turned up).  I made sure he got some food.  Poor guy.  


My new short hair for school.  I'm not sure I love it.  But it takes less time to dry it! 

The new banner we made with Student Council is up.  I went to school yesterday and saw a guy walking his dog stop and look at it for quite some time. It is pretty cool.  Hand drawn cheetahs by around 90 different MP students.  

No comments: