Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 10, 2019

A Fun & Charitable Weekend

Last weekend we had events on Friday and Saturday night.  Friday was the Police Foundation Awards Night.  This year everyone on Derek's squad was getting an award, except him.  Haha.  He was having breakfast when the call came out--so he missed out on the award.  But I am okay with that--it was a pretty horrific call.  He also had 2 friends get the Lifesaver awards.  What I really enjoyed about the event is that I know so many more of his police world friends.  So even when I lost him for awhile, I still had fun chatting with all the people I know now.  It was fun to get dressed up (thanks Amazon for the cheap, comfy and warm dress!)  We didn't make it to the dance floor though.  I'm definitely showing my age!

 Then on Saturday Night we went to the Einstein PTSA Trivia Night.  It was super fun.  I really enjoyed the trivia.  We tied for 3rd with the other team of MP parents at our table.  I love being a part of the Shoreline Schools community.  Two dates in two nights!  We have probably filled our quota for the year! I think I am going to file away the trivia night idea for an RS activity.  It was simple and fun.
I will say that the kids didn't fare quite as well.  They were really tired and grumpy on Sunday (when we had family pictures).  The adults might have been a bit grumpy too--with two late-ish nights.  So it might not have been our best Sunday ever.  We did manage to get pics taken.  I hope they will be done pretty soon.  Gotta get those Christmas cards in!

No comments: