Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, November 11, 2019

Halloween 2019!

I can't believe it, but I almost forgot to blog Halloween!  Honestly, October was a busy, busy and overwhelming month.  By the time Halloween rolled around, I didn't have my usual enthusiasm and excitement.  I was left only with a fixation on getting a good picture of all of us in our Halloween costumes because our theme was so awesome.  Only Derek didn't fulfill his assignment of getting his costume early enough.  So I ended up doing it for him.  I didn't think through it when I didn't pay the extra shipping ($20!) to get it here early.  I was thinking, by Halloween is good enough.  But that wasn't true, since two parties happened the Fri & Sat before! 
Ugh.
I didn't dress up on Friday.  We did the whole family except Derek on Saturday.  His costume did come in time for Halloween.  So we paid $60 for a costume that he wore once, to Spiros.  We got one sort of okay photo--outside of Spiros in terrible lighting.  Frankly--I derived way less joy from Halloween this year than usual. 
This made me sad especially because we came to consensus on our theme so well--all the costumes were great--and it could be our last year....ibby wants to theme with her friends next year.  Which I get.
Although she has already been talking about next year, so who knows.
I do love my wrestling coach Derek. I don't remember the flowers on my costume when I ordered it.  They were glued on, so had to stay.  I should have made a honey wand...no time. 

All the kids loved their costumes.  Libby even wore her Wheaties Gold Medal winner ice skating outfit all day to school. 

The whole family together...but not our whole theme. 
Now that's more like it!  A Wheaties Box, a Honey Nut Cheerios Box, a Frosted Flakes Box, a Trix box, and a Huge box of Lucky Charms :)  (Did you realize there are no female cereal mascots?)

No comments: