Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Welcome to the Family--TUBA!

 We highly encouraged Sarah to stay with band.  The middle school band teachers are awesome.  There are so many benefits of music.  And the middle schools have eliminated all honors classes by calling everything "Honors."  (A strange move that I understand, but don't.)  So taking band is another way to try to track her with higher achieving kids.  Anyway, in middle school, they can try new instruments.  Sarah got really excited about the TUBA.  This thing weights about a zillion pounds.  It is totally unwieldy.  But, since she doesn't actually have to take it to school--I said yes.  She can play it at home in the new music corner of our living room.  

The music corner.  I also hung my guitar on the wall to encourage me to play it more.  I've been playing piano most nights to help de-stress after my screen filled days.  
Sarah looks pretty darn good with this tuba.  She can already make some good sounds.  Despite her dad's naysaying, I'm proud of her for wanting to play something different and going after it.  


No comments: