Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 27, 2020

School Photos--COVID Style

 My friend Kathy offered a deal to take school pictures. I am so happy I took her up on it!

Love how these turned out. So much personality.


This is my favorite!  Sarah is so happy to be an Einstein Tiger...except that it doesn't really feel like it.  We drove through the brand new building to pick up her books and music for band.  I hope that she'll get to start in the building at some point. 
Libby...so unhappy to be pulled away from friends (Harides) to take pictures.  But she got into the mode.  She's getting her work done.  With some prodding.  We have a Saturday morning Starbuck's run where we create her to do list to catch up on everything.  Yesterday I didn't actually see her canvas page, but she remembered she had 3 things due and told me she did them all before she ran off to play.  She also had a babysitting job yesterday and has saved up (by selling paintings and babysitting) $100.  She's pretty proud.  And ready to spend! 



Ben only has this one pair of glasses right now.  Mom fail.  I thought I had made them an appointment with their eye doctor, but the doctor was on maternity leave, so I guess I just got on the wait list? So these glasses are actually from year before last.  His other ones have all died.  So I finally made an appointment this week.  But too late for these pics not to be in transition lenses.  (Never again!)  So many ruined photos.  But I love how the pics turned out.  They perfectly capture his 9 year old adorable awkwardness.  No pockets, so not sure what to do with his hands.  Can't get enough of this guy! 



Traditionally I also get a picture with whoever is at MP with me.  I kind of wanted a pic with all 3...but I told myself that if school was in session for real, it'd only be Ben. 



I'm trying to take the advice from this awesome talk I listened to this year and embrace this year! 

How to Act While Being Acted Upon | Kevin J Worthen, Aug 2020

No comments: