Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Another Home Project Weekend

 I am exhausted.  And I didn't even do the brunt of the labor this weekend.  You know how one project leads to another?  Well before we do the kitchen, I want to FINALLY get lighting in our living room and dining room, since that is where we will be spending all our time during the dark winter kitchen remodel.  But that meant that we'd need to take down the popcorn ceilings so our electrician could put in the can lights and we'd be able to patch up the mess afterword.  

Enter Kaj and Emma!  They did a great job.  I'm only exhausted because of the prep work and the final cleanup. (Lots of mopping, wiping and dusting).  This stuff got all over the house (mostly because of the Ben help that kept tracking in and out).  


The inaugural scrape. 




Can lights going in soon!  And then the patching and painting.  I'll be hiring my crew again for sure!  For now, I'm battling the headache that comes after a 26,000 step day and looking forward to a less busy week this week than last! 

No comments: