Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Online School Life Update

 We had to crack down on Libby this week--as she had many missing assignments.  But I think she is getting into the swing of it.  She is all caught up.  Let's keep it going! 

And she is so into selfies and taking pictures of herself. I guess that being grounded gives her lots of time for this? 





Also, she got REALLY lucky this week (blessed?).  Her phone was missing for 2 days.  



Um, yes...I know who that phone belongs to.  It was in the park for 2 days.  Now maybe the airpod case will turn up too? 


Ben is bored and lonely.  He is playing LOTS of switch in between classes and during breaks. 

Sarah seems pretty content to stay in her room most of the time.  She is now walking 2x a day thought (or doing some other workout like Just Dance or swimming) to help her sleep.  All the sitting all day means that she can't sleep.

This week they had their first in-person YW activity, a hike at St. Edwards park.  Sarah decided to jump in the lake in her clothes.  I can't imagine doing that! I would be so grossed out riding home in wet clothes. She was totally unfazed. 



As for me, I can honestly say I'm pretty in the swing of online learning.  The synchronous blocks are great.  I am getting better at some things--but I've got a few too many things going (of course) so my work it taking me more than school hours.  I'd like to pair it down a bit.  But at the same time, I need to do lots of grading so parents can see how kids are doing.  I'll keep fine tuning! 


No comments: