Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Happy Birthday SARAH!

 Sarah had a pretty good birthday, stretched out over a few days.  She got to have lunch with her dance bestie, Maryanna after dance last Saturday at Red Robin.  Her mom teaches 5th grade too--so the girls had plenty to talk about and so did the moms!  

On her actual birthday, Sarah got to go get donuts with Dad (Hillcrest bakery is Dad's latest favorite).  Then he offered to take her anywhere for lunch.  Anywhere.  And she chose Dick's Drive in.  Burgers and fries.  Eating in the car.  He tried really hard to talk her into something fancier, but couldn't.  (Well, she did say she'd go with Olive Garden--so he settled on Dick's.). 
For her Norton birthday gathering, we had it at Maren's where she has rigged up several outdoor heaters and canopies so that we can stay outside and reduce the risk of spreading COVID.  Sarah chose Zuppa Toscana and pies.  She wanted sour cream lemon (which I was SO happy to say yes to).  And pumpkin.  I stayed up late (for me) on Thursday finishing the pies, and made the soups on Friday morning before school.  (Plus of working from home!)

I think she enjoyed her celebrations--and the mountain of gifts.  I think that quarantine has made me spend even more on my kids' birthdays because I feel sorry for the lame life they are having.  She got airpods (thank you prime day), a new backpack (hers broke), a photobook (which just came yesterday), a couple of husky t-shirts, some dangly earrings, and LOTS of gum.  

I can't believe she's 12!! 


No comments: