Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Glasses TIME!

Well, we have a new glasses wearer in the house now.  

Big D has joined the aged eyes club.  I think he looks great.  The kids (especially Libby) gave him all kinds of grief for being old.  It was hilarious.  (For me...not so much for him.)

I just went to get a pic of the kids' glasses.  Then I checked my google photos and of course Libby already took about 75 selfies in her new glasses.  Ha.

They are not transitions, although they have blue blockers.  She had a hard time getting used to them yesterday, as it was a big prescription change. 

Also, she didn't like any of the options at Costco this year (she will only wear glasses with nose pieces--so limited options).  And it literally kills me to use all $400 of our insurance money on one pair of glasses at the eye doctor.  I got Ben 2 pair at Costco for less than $200.  I'll get reimbursed for both.  So 3 times as much at the eye doctor.  For what value added?  I can't figure it out. 

Ben chose these SHAQ glasses.  He didn't even know who that was.  So we watched some highlight videos.  He was thoroughly impressed.  

Adorable. 

I don't have an actual pic of Derek in glasses--I haven't gotten one yet.  But here he is looking skeptical about the whole experience.  It actually is proving to be a problem at work.  Since he is always moving from one temperature area to another (like leaves his patrol car to go into a house or a building where a crime is or was being committed), wearing a mask means his glasses keep fogging and reducing visibility.  That could be really dangerous in his job.  Yikes.  He may have to go maskless in order to see. 

It's incredible how many hours getting the new glasses can take, between appointments, picking glasses, picking up glasses, etc.  So I'm glad to have this done for the year.  (It turns out Libby had some abnormalities in her exam, so we have an appointment with a neurological ophthalmologist in November...ugh.  Hopefully it's nothing...but it is 2020...)

No comments: