Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Christmas Day 2020

It was a nice low key Christmas Day.  The kids liked (or pretended really well) to like what I got them.  They were OVER the MOON with the Office themed gifts that Derek got them.  

There were too many presents.  Once I start buying, I can't stop.  And you get one more for one kid, then you have to buy one more for the others...etc.  It just escalates.  But there were a lot of gifts that satisfied needs (clothes for Sarah and Ben and a promise of a shopping outing for my picky Libby.). Sarah got a ticket to a Teen Writers Workshop in March that I'm pretty excited about--and I think she is too.

Ben got a hoverboard!  Okay--I'm pretty excited about this too.  I've ridden it almost as much as he has.  He did take a nasty spill in the park on Christmas Day.  He was going along fine and then the hoverboard jerked one way and he went the other.  It was intense.  Big road rash inside his elbow.  But the way he went flying and landed, I thought it might be broken.  So it was way better than it could have been. 

Derek got himself a razor.  And I wrapped it.  He bought me a Theragun and some fancy butter knives (after asking me if he should) and I wrapped them.  I surprised him with the amazing Ninja disguise.  And Uncle Davy surprised all of us with a superb gift (see separate post).


(My favorite gift that I bought were these Ninja disguise shirts.) 








Setting up Christmas in the sunroom was great for early riser Ben.  He could hang out in the "kitchen" with me and help me make the waffle batter while we waited for others to be ready to open gifts.  We woke Libby around 8 to get started.  


It was a Merry Christmas.  I'm glad 2020 is almost over.  But as I reflect, I'm very thankful for all the togetherness it's brought us.

   

No comments: