Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

PRP Injection & Gifts of Service

 I posted on FB that I was getting the platelet rich plasma injection (and probably looking at an eventual hip replacement) and got so much love and support.  The injection was on Wednesday.  I read the material, but somehow I wasn't expecting it to be as much like surgery as it was.  Not in the actual execution, but in how I felt afterwards.  It was painful and exhausting.  But I am hopeful it will help.  It is still hurting today (Sunday)--can't sit for long and walking with crutches only.  (I finished this on Tuesday--feeling much better.  Already off crutches :)

Well, the service part comes in when our contractor let us know on Tuesday that he could start our kitchen this week.  YIKES!  Packing up the whole kitchen while on crutches?  But our amazing immunity community--Maren, Whitney, & Joe all pitched in (along with help from Leanne who is visiting her dad here) and we knocked it out!  The kitchen, dining room and family room are now empty (basically) and the ballroom has become the kitchen and dining room.   It's going to be an interesting couple of months.  I am so thankful for friends and family who LITERALLY carried my burdens this weekend! 


Here is our makeshift kitchen/family room. The nearest sink is in the bathroom--but we will likely wash dishes, etc. in the laundry room.  This is going to be interesting! 







No comments: