Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, June 20, 2022

Ben MOVED ON!!!

 The next week was spent preparing for the Moving On Ceremony and Celebration. 

It was VERY busy. Ben was a speaker, and I was taking point on planning everything.  It turned out pretty awesome.  The students chose the theme SEA you Later, and it felt a little bit like magic at the beach.  Ben's speech went very well.  My speech was okay...my clicker wasn't working and that threw me off--but at least it meant I was too concerned to cry until the last slide.  Haha. 

 (Also throwing in a few field day pics.  Ben volunteered to be a dunk tank victim for the K-1 field day.  It was SO cold.  But he did it! )




My teaching partner for the last 2 years.  Mrs. Peterson--off to Knoxville TN for next year.  I'll miss her! 






So we were supposed to have only 2 guests per Cheetah--we went a little over quota...(even if we count both Ben and I as Cheetahs...)

Libby filmed Ben's speech...(there wasn't an earthquake happening, but it looks like it--so listen and maybe don't watch.) 



Ben got a little teary last night thinking about being done with elementary school.  He'll miss the little kindergartners he worked with on patrol that LOVED him.  He'll miss his class.  He's a little nervous about 6th grade.  But he's ready.  It's going to be great.  I think I'll be a little teary not to have any of my kiddos with me at school...

No comments: