Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, April 17, 2023

Florida Trip

 I've kinda been stalling blogging because this is a hard post to write.  Rachel is now on hospice.  So, I went to FL (just 5 days after my SLC trip with Sarah) to spend 6 days helping out.  

It was AMAZING weather.  Taking the boys swimming was so much fun. 

But it was hard.  It's hard to see my sister getting sicker and less of herself.  

She's still praying for a miracle, and so am I.  But it's just hard.  And heartbreaking.

I love her and her family so much.

My mom is a trooper.  She's trying to hold it all together so Brad can keep working.  But it's hard.

Rachel did what she always manages to do, got me to slow down and watch some movies! I watched Coco--loved it.  And Come from Away--LOVED it.  Also I am now in love with Bluey.  Seriously.   


This is technically after I left, but can you believe how cute they are? 

We made a Costco run that resulted in a falling apart at the store (by the adults--Davy was fine, haha.)  It's hard to know when grief will strike.  

Davy and I worked on his reading lessons.  He's doing great!  He'll be reading in no time! 

Cutest note ever! 

We got out and walked to the school bus.  (He scootered, then I rode the scooter home, getting some good laughs from a dog walker.) 

Conference Lego building. 

I made conference cinnamon rolls.  My kids at home were upset that they didn't get any.  It's sometimes surprising what traditions the kids really bank on. 


Probably my fav pic of the trip.  Davy fell asleep with a veggie straw in his mouth.  Haha! 




I pushed this wagon several miles--to and from their community pool several times.  Did I mention how much I was loving the sunshine?

Yeah.  I was reminded that while parenting teens is HARD--littles are exhausting too.  

I'm going back in a few weeks.  This time my mom will be gone, taking a break and spending time with my dad.  Looking forward to hugging these guys again and spending time with their mom and dad.  Cherishing the time we have left. 

No comments: