Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Happy Birthday to ME!

 So this is 47...Well, the actual birthday was fun.  I taught, went to practice and then we went to dinner--finally using the Ohana gift card we got last year from the Booster Auction.  They had karaoke! We all got up on the mic! (We stopped on the way to see Grandpa at the hospital in Bellevue.  Poor Grandpa's health should get its own post.)

Anyway, it has been a year.  Just before my birthday last year we found out Rachel's cancer was terminal.  So 46 was hard.  Libby struggled with her mental health.  But I feel like I've been so blessed this year.

Turning 47 I have a lot to be thankful/proud of.

I love teaching seminary.

I love coaching wrestling (even though it is STRESSFUL at times.)

I love that I've turned a corner with my hip (I really think I have) with the help of great doctors and PTs.) 

I love that I started watching my food and I've lost 25 lbs that I never thought I would lose again (they just crept up through all the hard things in the last 10 years.)

I love my class this year, teaching 5th grade is fun.

I love that coaching my daughters has been a good fit (most of the time.) 

I love that I can help D through a rough year.

I'm so glad I found a therapist that I like and has helped me a lot. 

I just feel very blessed.

Maybe 47 will go gentler on me than 46? 









No comments: