Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Swim & Dive

 Libby and Sarah added dive to their fall lineup.  It's been super fun to watch them improve and try something that seems so hard (and scary!) to me.

They love the dive coach.  Sarah continues to enjoy and go to swim.  It's been tougher for Libby to stay motivated through two practices every day.  She has often skipped swim, especially since there are also evening wrestling practices she can go to.  But Libby keeps swimming in the meets, and keeps improving.  

Sarah has missed both of the meets that I've been able to go to, as they were on the first two Tuesdays of choir.  She went to both of the Thursday meets which I missed.  Ugh.  Darn teaching.

But I have been to two of their dive "meets" which just take place at their dive practice, since the two pools where they have had meets so far don't allow diving.  This next week I'll get to see them both swim and dive.  I'm so happy that my students have instrumental on Tuesday afternoons (2:45 - end of the day).  I leave and go to swim meets and then come back and finish my work.  

I need to upload some of the dives to youtube and add a video of each girls best dives.  Maybe at the end of the season...












No comments: