Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sleeping Like a Baby...

Well, as some of you know, I made the tearful decision on Sunday to let Libby cry it out during the night and stop feeding her. The key reason she was still eating during the night is that we share a bedroom (no door between the two rooms) and when she would make noise during the night I would feed her to get her to quiet down so we could sleep. On Sunday we moved our bed to the living room so that we wouldn't hear her. I did leave a monitor on so that I could see if she was crying.
At 10pm I dream fed her. Then I heard her cry briefly 3 times between 2 and 3 am...but she went right back to sleep. Then she didn't wake up to eat until 7 am. Fabulous!
Last night I didn't even hear her. I don't think she even cried, and I got 8 straight hours of sleep. Hooray! We are leaving our bed in the living room for a couple more nights.
We have been house hunting--fun stuff!
Soon she will have her own bedroom hopefully!

2 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

good luck with the house hunt...it is so fun to get your first place! Yeah for a full night of sleep!

Packer Family said...

Hoo-Ray for sleep! I'm so glad it's working out for her. Now get in all the sleep you can in the next 6 months :)