Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Potty Training

Ugh. On Thursday I was about to fold a load of laundry. So, like every Monday and Thursday, I vaccuumed the family room and then dumped out the clean laundry on the nice clean carpet. But then Sarah needed a diaper change, so I changed her and decided we should shower to give her rash some air time. When I came out of the shower, I was greeted by a naked Libby. I asked her where her diaper was. Then she said the words that froze my heart (that was for Dave). "I don't know." I searched the house and found a clean diaper. But Libby's bottom showed some evidence of other activity. I found the activity on the clean laundry on the clean floor of the family room. Let me just say that neither was clean any more. Neither was the couch. But, to her credit, only a bit on the floor, only a bit on the couch, and the majority on a few hand towels. Thank you, Libby, for not wiping on the actual clothes.
So, we are doing the 3 day potty training. Starting this afternoon. Libby and I will be attached at the hip. For 3 days. I may go insane, but at the end of it, the Potty Training Queen promises dry days and nights. I am thinking of trying with Sarah too. Wouldn't it be nice to be done with Diaper Rash forever? (The Potty Training Queen recommends 22 months, so I am still on the fence....advice?)

3 comments:

Packer Family said...

I trained both my boys at about 20 months and it's great! Drake learned a ton from Caden so it might help! And if you are doing it with both of them it might help? I did naked time and being attached at the hip and it worked:)

Sleepless In St. George said...

I waited until my kids showed me they were ready...and we had very few accidents...and no bed wetting! Brooke was about 18 months. She came running to me one day and said, "mommy, I am going to potty in my diaper" so we put her on the potty and she was pretty much potty trained. I think both girls will do fine. Good luck!

Emily said...

My advice, if they are ready it is the easiest thing in the world. I they aren't you are in for some very unpleasant days and a lot of accidents. I would try Sarah, you never know. And all kids are different, Caitlin was almost 3 before she did and Cora has been for a few months now. Good Luck!