Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sarahisms

I really didn't know I would be putting Sarah-isms up so soon. But here goes. Libby asked me the other day while we were singing "The Wheels on the Bus", what do the Daddys on the bus say? My brilliant response. "I don't know." So I thought up a lie and I thought it up quick. "The daddys say, "move your feet." Why? I don't know. But Sarah LOVES this part of the song now. I had forgotten all about what I said until I heard her singing it yesterday. "Move your feet, move your feet." Why did she remember that?

Also, there is a classic Trish story where I was hanging out with my college friend and her nephew. I suggested we sing the "Tubby song." (I don't remember why). He was like, "What tubby song?" So I called my mom and she admitted that she made up the tubby song (which no longer gets quotes--since it is NOT an official song). Anyway, I have passed on the joy of the tubby song, and maybe the embarrassment later when they expect others to know the joyful song. Anyway, Sarah sings it with gusto while in the tubby :)

1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

I thought the daddy snored, or is that the grandpa?