Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tribute to a Friend

Tomorrow we have a funeral that seems about 50 years (at least) too early. One of Derek's best friends Adam Hansen died last week. My first date with Derek was actually with Derek and Adam. He called me the ICE Queen. I broke up their perfect existence of going to the gym, eating at Subway and going to movies. He was one of the Best Men at our wedding. He got married two years ago to an amazing girl. They ate dinner at our house just a couple of weeks ago. He read stories to our girls. And now he is gone. Unbelievable. We haven't heard the offical cause of death yet, probably a heart attack. They know it happened fast. How quickly our lives and our perspectives can change. We are not invincible. Hug the ones you love. Tell them you love them.

1 comment:

The Thackers said...

So sad! My heart has been aching for Adam's family all week. I didn't realize that Derek and Adam were such good friends. I'm so sorry...I hope Derek is doing okay. Hugs! :-)