Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Sarah!

I took Libby to Toys R Us and let her pick a gift for Sarah.  She picked a Tiana Barbie (the princess from _Princess and the Frog_).  Sarah had been asking for one, so I thought it was a great gift.  We had a talk on the way home about keeping it a secret from Sarah.  When we got home Libby immediately blurted out that we bought Sarah a Tiana Barbie.  But, I wrapped it anyway.  I think it the two days since we bought it Libby has told Sarah the secret about 5 times.  I just got it out for Sarah to open.  Before Sarah opened it Libby said, "Sarah, it's a Tiana Barbie!"  Sarah said, "Oh!"  Sarah proceeded to open it.  She acted very happily surprised that is was a Tiana Barbie.  Then, after it was open Libby said, "Now can I tell her what it is?"  A bit too late for that I think.

1 comment:

The Thackers said...

That's hillarious. Kids are so funny about secrets. Hope you guys are doing well!! Miss you!