Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Potty Trained?

Last weekend I wrote that Sarah was wearing panties and we were making another attempt at potty training.  Well, it was going well, except that she still wouldn't poop in the potty.  I tolerated messes for 3 days, until Tuesday evening.  She cried when I was going to put a diaper on her for our Relief Society meeting.  I gave in and put panties back on.  Well--I have never cleaned up such a huge mess as I had to clean up in the church bathroom that night.  So, I had Derek buy some pull-ups the next day.  I still wanted her to be able to go potty when she wanted, but I didn't want to clean up any more poop disasters.  Then on Friday, she finally, finally pooped in the potty.  3 tiny pellets.  Derek got home just after she had gone and she announced, "Daddy, 3 tiny nuggets of poop came out of my bottom!"  How did it finally happen, you ask?  I realized she was her daddy's daughter and needed some reading material on the potty.  So I read her a book while she tried, and out it came!  She did more than a few nuggets later in the day.  On Saturday she kept her pull-up clean all day!  So, we bought her a celebratory Barbie (which Libby ended up playing with all evening.  Not sure how she talked Sarah into that deal.)

No comments: